Top Tips to protect electronic equipment
- When machines have been switched off for a period of time, ensure they run properly before utilising them.
- Don’t try and fix circuit boards yourselves. Engineers often try and repair circuit boards even if they are water damaged. It needs specialists, the more they are tampered with, the less likely it is for us to repair.
- Electronics last 5 – 8 years. Change the age related components regularly.
- Back up the memory every year.
- Try and protect them from a dust free environment. Foreign bodies (flies) can get inside equipment and cause intense damage. Keep machinery clean. Look after it!
- Always check when warranties are due to expire. Can the circuit board be bought new? Ask yourself the question, is it really necessary to replace the machine? Most probably not!
- What procedure is in place to service machinery and refurbish electronics? If they were every 5 years, then they would last forever!