6 Top Reasons to Repair Electronic Equipment
1.Cost-effective: Repairing a circuit board is much cheaper than replacing it. A new circuit board can be expensive, and it may not even be necessary to replace the entire board when only one component is faulty. By repairing the circuit board, you can save a lot of money while still restoring its functionality.
2. Environmentally friendly: Electronic waste is becoming a significant problem globally, and circuit boards are major contributing factor. By repairing circuit boards instead of throwing them away, you are reducing electronic waste, and this is environmentally friendly and can help reduce your company carbon footprint.
3. Saves time: Replacing a circuit board is time-consuming, and it may take days or even weeks to receive a new one. On the other hand, repairing a circuit board can be done within a few hours, (depending on what the problem is and the parts required) and this saves time. The sooner the repair is done, minimises the downtime for the equipment that the circuit board is used in.
4. Maintains system continuity: Some older equipment may have outdated or obsolete components and cannot be bought from the original manufacturer (most probably outside of the UK). When these components fail, it can be challenging to find replacement parts, and replacing the entire system may not be cost-effective. Repairing the circuit board allows the equipment to continue functioning as the components are replaced, without the need for a complete system overhaul.
5. Increases equipment lifespan: A malfunctioning circuit board can cause damage to other components of the equipment. By repairing and refurbishing the circuit board, you can prevent further damage and extend the lifespan of the equipment.
6. Knowledge and expertise: Repairing a circuit board requires a high level of both knowledge and expertise. By utilising the services of a professional circuit board repair technician, you can benefit from their skills and knowledge. They can identify the root cause of the problem and provide an effective solution, saving time and money. However, if someone without this skill has tampered with the pcb board, it may prove difficult to repair.
In conclusion, circuit board repair and refurbishment is a cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and time-saving solution. This can help maintain the continuity of a system and extend the lifespan of equipment. It is also a highly specialized skill that requires a high level of expertise, which can be provided by our Greasley Electronics. By choosing circuit board repair over replacement, you can benefit from these advantages and keep your equipment functioning for a further 5-8 years.
Preventative maintenance is also important and details can be found here to expand on this.